The Department of English at the University of Denver has twenty full-time faculty members, offering courses in British, American, and World literatures. Our undergraduate major includes concentrations in Literary Studies, Textual Studies, English Education, and Creative Writing. We also offer a M.A. and a Ph.D. with concentrations in Literary Studies and Creative Writing.
The Department of English at the University of Denver seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of English with a specialization in U.S. Latino/a Literatures. We are seeking a scholar to develop and teach courses that will expand our department’s offerings in areas such as U.S. literatures of immigration and migration, border studies, and American Studies.
- Teach five (5) courses per academic year.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Demonstrated potential for very good to excellent teaching.
- Ability to meet the English Department teaching requirements for tenure and promotion.
- Ph.D. in English or related discipline; or
- ABD with the expectation that the dissertation will be finished by December 1, 2016 and PhD completed by September 1, 2017.
- Appropriate university teaching experience.
- Ph.D. at time of appointment
- Specialization in U.S. Latino/a literatures.
- Excellent record of teaching experience.
Candidates must apply online through https://dujobs.silkroad.com/ to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position please contact: Department of English at 303.871.2266.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter - The Department is committed to building a diverse and inclusive educational environment. Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter information about how they will advance this commitment through their research, teaching and/or service.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Any additional support materials
The letters of recommendation need to be submitted by November 15, 2016 to:
Clark Davis, Chair, Department of English
University of Denver
2000 East Asbury Ave.
Denver, CO 80208