Comparative Civic and Place Engagement Working Group (2003-2007)
Examined civic and place engagement in three Latino ethnic enclaves: Chicago’s Pilsen neighborhood, Miami’s East Little Havana and Phoenix’s Garfield neighborhood. The two-year study is a collaborative effort of the University of Notre Dame and De Paul, Florida International, and Arizona State Universities.
Working Group Members:
- Daniel Arreola, Ph.D., Professor of Geography, Arizona State University
- Damian Fernandez, Ph.D. Professor of International Relations, Florida International University
- Christopher Lukenbeal, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Arizona State University
- Patricia Price, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Geography, Florida International University
- Tim Ready, Ph.D., Director of Research, Institute for Latino Studies, University of Notre Dame
- Maria de los Angeles Torres, Ph.D. Director, Latin American and Latino Studies, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Research funded with a grant from the National Science Foundation
Patricia Price, Christopher Lukinbeal, Richard Gioioso, Daniel Arreola, Damian Fernández,Timothy Ready, and María de los Angeles Torres (2011) Placing Latino civic engagement, Urban Geography, 32(2): 179-207.